The outdoor lighting design of your home can say a lot about you and your sense of style. If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your home’s curb appeal, consider investing in outdoor lighting. At Lighting Concepts in Trussville, we offer an impressive selection of outdoor lights to help you brighten and beautify your home or business’s outdoor space.
We also carry a large collection of hanging lights, outdoor chandeliers, ceiling mounts, and landscape lights to complement your home’s exterior.
No matter what your outdoor lighting needs are, our lighting experts can help you find the perfect lighting solutions for your home or business.
Outdoor Lighting: Beauty and Functionality
When it comes to outdoor lighting design there are two things to take into consideration:
- Will my lighting set up give light to all it needs to?
- Will my lighting set up highlight features that make my property look better?
Outdoor lighting is first and foremost supposed to be functional. Having proper outdoor lighting can save you from nasty trips because you’re stumbling around in the dark.
It can also provide a sense of security. Those who would do you or your property harm will think twice with lights shining on them.
Second, you can use lights to highlight some of the landscaping features or architectural designs of a building. Drawing attention to beautiful features with the proper lighting will make them stand out even more at night than they do during the day time.
Outdoor Lighting Tips and Tricks
Just like indoor lighting, it’s important to remember the three different types of lighting: ambient, task, and accent.
Ambient lighting sets the overall tone of your lighting strategy. Task lighting can be used to accomplish specific things like lighting a walkway or deck. Accent lighting can be used to bring certain landscaping features to life.
Make sure to take measurements and make careful observations of the space you are trying to light. Lights that are too big will look awkward and illuminate too much. However, get lights that are too small, and they simply won’t do the job.
While you may be tempted to simply go with what’s cheap, that can end up costing you more in the long run. Choose sturdy, high-quality outdoor lighting fixtures that can withstand the weather for the long haul.
Most of all, choose a lighting style that you like. You simply can’t go wrong if it works with your design preference and the style of your home of business.
How to use specific lighting fixtures
At Lighting Concepts we offer a wide range of outdoor lighting options. Here are some of the best ways you can utilize specific features:
- Chandeliers: Outdoor chandeliers are great for providing ambient lighting in outdoor dining and sitting areas.
- Outdoor fans: While technically not a lighting fixture, outdoor fans can create a cool atmosphere on a hot summer evening, allowing you to more comfortably enjoy an evening outdoors.
- Wall Mounts: Great for lighting areas like your porch or patio. We carry them in a wide variety of styles and sizes, so you’re sure to find something that’ll work perfectly.
- Spot Lights: Larger spotlights can be used for security and general illumination. Consider opting for one with a motion sensor installed.
- Landingscaping Lights: These lights do a great job of highlighting specific landscaping features. You can also get step lights to help ensure you don’t trip over them in the dark.
Choose Our Lighting Store for Stunning Outdoor Lighting Solutions
We know you have your choice of lighting showrooms in the greater Birmingham area, but we set ourselves apart with lighting professionals who are backed by 29 years of industry experience.
We take pride in offering our customers customized modern lighting design solutions and for their home or business.
When you visit our 8,500 square-foot showroom in Alabama, you’ll be able to view hundreds of our fresh lighting ideas to give you inspiration for your home or business. We’ll be able to give your outdoor space the lighting makeover it needs to make the best possible first impression.
If you can’t visit our lighting showroom in person, be sure to check out a 3D rendering of our showroom online.