If you’re like most people, you spend a good amount of time in your bathroom. Whether you’re getting ready for work in the morning, taking an afternoon shower, or bathing your children, the bathroom is a prime piece of real estate in the confines of your home.
Your day begins and ends in your bathroom, which means the lighting design in your space should be carefully thought out and constructed.
What Types Of Bathroom Lights Are Available At Lighting Concepts?
A bathroom lighting strategy should be done with the full array of the different types of lighting: ambient lighting, accent lighting, and task lighting.
This full-orbed lighting strategy is designed to ensure you have sufficient lighting for whatever tasks you need to do.
However, lighting isn’t all about function. It’s also about style and relaxation. Imagine enjoying a soak in the tub with the perfect amount of lighting to create a relaxing atmosphere. You could even choose a unique lighting fixture like a collection of pendants over your tub.
When you stop into Lighting Concepts, our friendly lighting consultants will be able to walk you through the different types, styles, and brands of bathroom lighting to ensure we create a lighting strategy that brings your dream bathroom to life.
Here are some of the most popular types of bathroom lighting we offer at Lighting Concepts:
- Two-light fixtures
- Three-light fixtures
- Four-light fixtures
- Five-or-more-light fixtures
- Pillar candle lights
- Mirror lights
- Vent fans
Bathroom Lighting Suggestions
While the best way to develop a comprehensive lighting strategy is to work with an expert, there are some basic things that can help point you in the right direction.
- Start with your ceiling lights. This is the most important part to get right. Ceiling lights will be your most important source of ambient lighting for your bathroom. These will set the tone and mood for the rest of your strategy.
- Light fixtures and vanities. When putting lights above your vanity, you’ll want to ensure they don’t go any wider than the vanity itself. If you have a double sink set up, make sure that the lighting above both sinks are matching. Otherwise, use one big fixture that sits nicely above both sinks.
- Wall lighting tips. When using wall lights, put fixtures on both sides of the vanity. Around five feet above the ground or so should do nicely.
- Make sure lights are shining in all directions. One of the best things you can do in your lighting strategy is to ensure lights are shining in all directions. This provides the most amount of illumination and cuts down on the amount of unnecessary shadows.
- Keep location in mind. If your lights are above your shower, use wet-rated lights to ensure safety and optimal performance.
- Natural lighting is key. This cannot be stressed enough. Use the natural lighting in your bathroom to your advantage. Develop your strategy around natural lighting — as well as the lack of natural lighting — to have a well-lit bathroom you’ll enjoy for years to come.
When designing your lighting strategy, make sure it fits your personal taste as well as the overall theme of your home. The most important thing is that you enjoy the final product. After all, if there’s any room in the house that provides an escape from it all, it’s your bathroom.
Stop By Lighting Concepts For A Consultation With One Of Our Experts
Finding the perfect lights for your bathroom can be a challenge, especially if you’re not aware of the various lighting designs and options available.
At Lighting Concepts Showroom, we’ve helped hundreds of Alabama residents find the perfect lighting solutions for their home.
We trust we can help create the bathroom lighting solution that brings the vision of your dream bathroom to life.
Browse our large collection of light fixtures in our catalog or contact our lighting experts if you have any questions or concerns regarding any of our light fixtures. We look forward to hearing from you!